-nothing can replace the love that awakens your heart. Hold fast to that love.Though life often seems determined to fling difficulties in your path.- by Thomas Fleming; Remember the Morning

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What is in the Name?

No, this is not a flower or a withered leaves. They are the Purple Crow, a kind of butterfly that can only be seen here in the island of Taiwan. There are obviously hundreds of them, even thousands that are scattered along the island. Taiwan is used to be called "The Kingdom of Butterflies". But sad to say, this amazing and delicate creatures are slowly declining in number due to development of the city.

I remember my trip to YangMing mountain, some few months ago. While walking along one of the trails, a butterfly kissed me on the cheek! I was so surprised to see how beautiful the little creature was. Its wings were yellow and blue stripped with black. As it landed on one of the flowers, I was tempted to touch it but it was so delicate that I think I might ruin its beautiful wings if I'd ever do it. I watched with amazement and from then on I fall inlove with this sweet creature. And called my blog 'Farasha', which means butterfly in Arabic language. 

No comments: